Senior Product Manager, Payments
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763829BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
Job Summary:We are looking for a senior product manager to help deliver the best consumer-facing commerce services in the world. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Global Payments & Billing, and part of the rapidly growing Platform Product team, you will be tasked with defining and supporting key aspects of our payments and commerce services and experiences, including overseeing payment processing solutions, helping define strategies on payment methods, driving incremental improvements to our transactional flows and maximizing efficiencies to improve billing health while reducing costs. This role functions as a day-to-day liaison between business, marketing, technology and product organizations to maximize commerce objectives.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, inquisitive, experienced in global payment methods, makes data-driven decisions, and can build trust in all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Build and manage a payments roadmap that is able to execute on the growth strategies and business needs
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, marketing, product leadership, analytics and business insight teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Facilitate meetings, collaboration sessions and internal material to keep teams aligned
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks, boards and detailed documentation across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- Analyze existing user experiences to identify opportunities to drive growth and improve value propositions for our users
- Responsible for driving testing requirements for payment including any requirements or dependencies across teams
- Collaborate with internal shared services teams across the Walt Disney Company to help execute on the strategy and vision
- Partner with other Product Managers to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Innovate on capabilities and offerings to enhance the existing capabilities of our purchase and transactional offerings
- You have at least 5 year of product management experience, with at least 3 in payments
- You have experience building partnerships and working with engineering organizations
- You have the ability to understand value of an effort and prioritize it accordingly on a roadmap
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You put focus on supporting team interaction, boosting motivation, and appreciating contributions
- You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.