Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Product ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710352BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 01, 2019
As a Senior Product Manager, you will devote your time to driving product innovation for the ESPN+ product with a focus on improving the overall in-product experience, increasing user engagement and determining new and exciting ways to elevate the live sports watching experience. You will use your product management experience to continually propel roadmap initiatives forward by working with Disney Streaming Services and ESPN+ business stakeholders.
- Research, analyze and document complex product issues and develop creative solutions that achieve pre-determined product goals, while also balancing resource utilization across all teams.
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop a strategy for executing on roadmap items relating to Engagement and Technical / Quality of Service for ESPN+.
- Lead execution on roadmap initiatives and ensure timely execution by all teams involved to ensure progress continues from idea to production launch.
- Routinely check-in with your product counterparts across all business segments to bring attention and provide clarity to work that impacts our roadmap.
- Continually analyze and interpret customer surveys, usage analytics and other valuable data points to help prioritize roadmap items.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with digital products.
- You illustrate deep strength in the business of product management - process, how you think strategically, how you execute, and how you interact with other teams.
- You have a technical background in digital media and can comfortably understand and absorb new technical documentation when provided.
- You are a strong and adaptable communicator with the ability to document in a way that is clear, concise and allows little room for misinterpretation.
- You create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- You avoid knowledge silos and instead strive to have knowledge spread as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups.
- You collaborate with senior leadership to plan ahead in providing a roadmap indicating what objectives your team will be working on in the future. You are transparent with that roadmap for all interested parties.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.