Senior Product Manager
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 715581BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 04/11/2019
We’re looking for a passionate, impactful, technical leader who wants to come here to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
The Senior Product Manager manages multiple development teams and program tracks simultaneously. They help management by influencing the system strategy, work prioritization, product roadmap and department leadership. The Senior PPM will have a multi-fasceted range of products and people, often directing product managers and influencing teams without direct responsibility.
- Facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with Business and Technology Partners
- Own one or more program areas of a technology product
- Work with the team director on defining scope and strategy through product artifacts (feature requirements / specifications) for one or more product areas of a technology
- Drive feature prioritization for a programs and products through collaboration with Technology management, functional team leaders and user representatives
- Demonstrate a strategic understanding of the rational for design choices for the product feature area
- Identifies unaddressed issues and resolves, escalated or finds the appropriate business or Technology owner to ensure the highest quality for the product feature
- Create business process maps to document current and future state processes.
- Create written and graphic documentation to capture business and functional requirements, including Unified Modeling Language (UML) artifacts such as use cases and activity diagrams where necessary
- Maintain functional requirements throughout entire project lifecycle
- Write actionable users stories related to the project and manage the development backlog
- Create and maintain strong relationship with business partners
- Work closely with project and program manager on any required changes in scope
- Effectively communicate requirements with Technology team (Architecture, Development, QA, etc.).
- Participate in testing and functional certification process
- Uses creativity and analytical thinking to identify and evaluate solutions
- Excellent analysis and interviewing skills
- Highly familiar with Software Development Lifecycle Methodology (SDLC) both waterfall and agile methods
- Ability to work either independently or closely with others as the needs of the project dictates
- Commands strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Must be a fast learner with a strong desire and motivation to learn the unique aspects of the ESPN business and current applications
- Experience working on large, complex technical products
- Must be highly adaptable to perform in a fast paced environment
- Must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in Product Management, Engineering, Business Analysis or related discipline in mature information technology organizations
- MS Office (proficient/expert in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Some travel required
- Experienced in iterative development methodology
- 10 years’ experience in the broadcast or media industry
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design, Business or related field.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.