Senior QE Automation Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 737133BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
The Senior QE Automation Engineer is a member of the 24/7/365 Quality of Experience team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer’s quality of experience. QE Automation Engineer develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts, and programs for testing complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a great work ethic and strong communication skills. They will have an intense dedication to detail and a strong familiarity with online software, programs, mobile applications, and data flows. Familiarity with mobile and connected devices and some technical knowledge of the video streaming process is necessary. This is a full-time position.
The Senior QE Automation Engineers specialize in automating quality verification processes and checks to achieve efficiency and scale. By leveraging access to a comprehensive device farm, QE Automation Engineers develop and implement software-based workflows to verify core quality metrics of media availability, entitlement, blackout restrictions, and application features. The ability to intuitively understand user behavior within an application and replicate it programmatically within the QoE software suite in order to test and validate functionality is a core function of the QE Automation Engineer. Additionally, QE Automation Engineers must possess the ability to clearly articulate issues and communicate discovery and resolution steps to internal and external audiences up to the Executive level. Within the QoE teams, QE Automation Engineers will work with Support Analysts to train team members on standard operating procedures and the use of QoE tools and software. As such, Automation Engineers must possess the ability to document workflows and procedures for any audience.
- Ensure applications continue to meet the quality of experience standards when they are out in production by designing test methods, driving test planning, monitoring test execution, issue tracking while maintaining project and work backlog.
- Author tests and test automation, perform code reviews, and contribute to a high performing, growing team working cross-functionally to resolve complex customer problems. Maintain documentation of test results; analyze test results and recommend resolutions.
- Mentor and direct the work of other team members to ensure overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions. Build tests that are atomic, independent, and can run in parallel across multiple browsers/devices in multiple locales and/or languages.
- 4-5 years working in automation engineering and a solid knowledge of digital streaming devices and industry trends
- Experience writing and executing tests for native mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Experience designing the architecture for Android and iOS app test automation (Appium, Selenium).
- Experience developing automated tests for Android and iOS (Java, Swift, Xamarin).
- Experience with Python and PHP.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools to monitor test automation (Jenkins).
- Experience writing tests that exercise Cloud-based/SaaS applications.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Has an understanding of a CI Infrastructure (i.e. Jenkins / Hudson) and how it works.
- Understands additional design patterns (i.e. DRY, Factories) in addition to (page objects and abstraction) and follows coding standards.
- Excels in diagnosing and solving complex problems, and providing detailed technical analyses.
- Working knowledge of performance and scalability testing.
- A team player, with an enthusiastic, congenial, and committed performance as an employee.
- Bachelor's degree or greater in fields such as Computer Science or Information Technology
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.