Senior Scala Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 897700BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
CSI is currently growing quickly and hard at work revamping our technology to support Disney Streaming worldwide. If you enjoy full-stack development, collaborating, designing, and building with the latest technologies to support our viewers across the world, then this role is right for you.
We believe we offer unique opportunities for any technologist, including:
- Working on an innovative technology stack
- Influencing the innovation of products used globally by millions
- An open, team focused environment that fosters constructive feedback and collective problem solving.
- Work closely with the product and viewer experience team alongside other hard-working and passionate engineers to design and implement CRM solutions for our customers
- Write, test, and release robust and scalable production-ready applications using the latest web technologies
- Integrate third-party applications into our application suite
- Tackle real production issues that can impact the experience of millions of users!
- Proficiency with Scala
- 3+ years software development experience
- 3 years as a full-stack developer
- Knowledge of AWS and related services such as Lambda, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, SQS, Kafka, and DynamoDB
- The ability to jump into a project, build, and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Great communication, strong teamwork ethic, and interest in mentoring other team members
- Strive for excellence with attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with deployment tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins a plus!
- Ability to monitor and solve distributed systems and quickly resolve incidents
- Experience with modern unit and integration testing frameworks and strategies
Additional Information:The pay range for this position is $114,880 to $157,960 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.