Senior Social Media Specialist - Talent StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 10030603 Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you’ll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to discover, develop, and distribute content to on-air talent and reporters at ESPN for their personal social media use. An ideal candidate must have a passion and knowledge of sports, and have experience working with high-profile athletes, celebrities or on-air talent in a social landscape. The Senior Social Media Specialist will also be responsible creating both videos and photo assets that are optimized for social environments, as well as creating social media strategy plans for high-profile on-air talent. The Sr. Social Media Specialist will report to the Social Media Manager.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $79,803 – $89,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position may be open to alternate locations.
- Creates content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook
- Partners with on air talent to optimize social media content for their personal social media handles
- Collaborates with multiple internal partners to make social content plans for various on-air talent across multiple sports
- Assigns work to select peers and designers on occasion
- Edits and approves social posts for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
- Maintains proficiency and knowledge in all the latest social media trends and best practices
- Analyzes performance of on-air talent social content and incorporates insights into future content decisions
- Performs supervisory duties and leads projects intermittently for a small team of social media members
- Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced social media environment with content creation responsibilities or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience using video editing software (e.g., Premiere, Final Cut)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience using photo editing software (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign)
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across multiple social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram
- Possess excellent news judgement and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical workday
- Ability to analyze and apply data to decision-making
- Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s social media followers
- Knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Experience working with high-profile athletes, celebrities or on-air talent
- Previous brand voice and account launch management
- Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
- This position will include night and weekend shifts.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.