Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Software ArchitectApply Now Apply Later Job ID 666219BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May. 07, 2019
Job Summary:As a Senior Software Architect you will work with a top-notch Engineering and Application Security teams building the engine, which powers Marvel’s successful online businesses.
This position will assist in formulating software and infrastructure strategy, managing technology vendors, developing monitoring and reporting standards, and managing overall technical plans--all while keeping a laser-focus on costs and security.
You will be responsible for systems design, cloud computing and technology systems while working closely with Marvel’s product team on web and mobile products used by millions of users a month.
Responsibilities:• Architects, designs, and implements applications that conform to a business need. Owning multiple subsystems of a large-scale system while playing a key role in enterprise and consumer-facing projects.
• Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
• Design and implement fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems.
• Reviews requirements; generates architecture documents; provides rough order of magnitude estimates; and implements and performs unit, integration, and capacity testing.
• Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
• Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
• Proposes, develops, reviews and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing development of high quality systems.
• Working with the department on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
• Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
• Manage relationships with 3rd party technology partners
• 1st point of contact for in-house software engineering team for systems designs
• Support of web and mobile applications in a LAMP environment
• Mentor DevOps and Application Engineers
Basic Qualifications:• Extensive experience managing Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
• Experience with fluid virtual infrastructures (AWS, OpenCloud, Rackspace Managed Cloud Services)
• Extensive knowledge of LAMP infrastructures including bash/shell scripting, filtering Apache/MySQL logs for analysis, and monitoring server performance using open source tools (Nagios)
• Strong knowledge of network protocols, especially TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, SSL as well as top-level knowledge of Network infrastructure devices (firewalls, Loadbalancers)
• Working experience with code repositories (SVN, Git) alongside Software Engineering processes like Agile
• Experience using with Release Management tools (Jenkins)
• Scripting experience with Infrastructure provisioning tools (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
• Strong understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
• Experience with scripting and programming languages (PHP, Ruby, PorwerShell, Golang)
• Demonstrated experience on high-traffic websites for improving performance, employing best security practices, and ensuring scalability
• Creative, strategic and critical thinker with a high attention to detail
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.