Senior Software Engineer Android - Video StreamingApply NowApply Later Job ID 931439BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
This is a hands-on engineering position developing mobile and OTT applications for the Android Ecosystem in Java/Kotlin. In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Mobile/Web/Backend Engineers, and Content Creators to conceptualize and develop world-class Disney apps. Based on your experience, you will apply technical expertise to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables and will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. You will architect reusable solutions that are shared across all DMED apps. You may lead others to solve complex problems and provide oversight and direction to other software engineers.
The DMED Mobile Engineering team develops some of the most downloaded and successful Google/Amazon apps in the marketplace, including the ESPN, ESPN Fantasy, Marvel Unlimited, ABC News, ABC Entertainment, and the National Geographic apps.
Responsibilities:Designing, Coding, PR Reviews, Writing Tests
Collaborating with QA and Automation Team
Interacting with the Product Development team to review requirements and discuss feature development
- Up to 5+ years hands-on professional experience with Android development
- Experience working a significant consumer app that is currently available in marketplace
- Expertise of object-oriented, functional, and functional reactive patterns and concepts
- Expert understanding of HTTP/S, APIs, and web services
- Solid foundation and understanding of dynamic multi-threaded mobile apps
- Solid understanding of Android app development lifecycle including Google Play Store compliance policies and submissions requirements
- Ability to collaborate in a small, productive development team as well as the larger engineering organization
- Expertise with unit test frameworks and continuous integration systems such as JUnit 4/5 and Espresso
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code whether implementing architectural improvements, user-facing features, or fixing defects
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various platforms
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability and performance
- Understand product architecture, assisting other Software Architects as necessary
- Lead other engineers to deliver multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Work with minimal technical supervision and supplemental engineering support
- Embrace a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication
- Operate as a resource to other Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing
- BS, BA, or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or its equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.