Senior Software Engineer(Build Engineer)
New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767790BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 11, 2020
Job Summary:The Client DevOps team at Disney Streaming is hiring a full time, Senior Build & Release Engineer to help build and support automation tools and processes for client applications for Disney+, ESPN+, and other streaming services. Our client applications are the gateway for our Guests to stream Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Nat Geo, Fox, and ESPN content on the Disney Streaming platform in their living rooms. We are looking for an experienced software engineer dedicated to creating and maintaining a complex, cross-team build environment for native platforms, frameworks, plugins, and client applications.
- Build, maintain, and evolve complex build system across multiple inter-dependent teams
- Automation, CI/CD with on-device deployment and testing
- Create and maintain build containers for a variety of devices and platforms
- On-board and document new client devices and platforms
- Centralized ownership and standardization of cross-team build system, from infrastructure to scripts
- Customize build system and provide support for external and internal partners
- Automate release metrics collection and analysis
- Troubleshoot and fix build environment problems
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with DevOps, build or systems engineering
- Experience with git or other version control systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to exercise them on a daily basis
- Identifies areas for improvement and implement solutions
- Top-notch analytical abilities coupled with a bias to action, and sense of urgency and ownership
- Self-directed and collaborative
- Able to properly prioritize personal backlog without constant management oversight
- Able to take direction and input
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with DevOps, build or systems engineering
- Expertise in Shell Scripting and/or Windows Scripting, including PowerShell
- Experience with full-stack programming, including code, database, front-end, hardware and networks
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Premake and Lua
- Experience with NPM, Maven, Ant/Ivy, Gradle, Bazel or similar tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud offerings like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with GitHub API
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or other "infrastructure as code" tools and systems
- Experience with Vagrant
- Experience with Rust/Cargo/Crates
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.