Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Data Strategy
New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781125BR Location New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
Location: Seattle WA - New York NY
We are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about engineering data strategy & solutions. This role will partner closely across engineering teams to craft and build innovative systems and processes to further improve and harness critical engineering data points. In this role, you will enhance data to improve our understanding of essential engineering systems, playing a key role in the engineering lifecycle and creation of critical data points, solution frameworks, and ultimately products.
Do you have a passion for data and analytics and love working with software engineering teams? Then please continue reading!
As the point of contact for the core engineering teams, you will be tasked with the creation and utilization of critical datasets. You will seek a deep understanding of our customer-facing engineering infrastructure and systems. Using that newfound knowledge, you will own comprehensive frameworks used across all of engineering. These tools will drive intelligence around the health of our clients and services. Strong analytical skills and innate curiosity are critical for success on this team.
- Develop captivating solutions, frameworks, and measurements of engineering systems.
- Redefine engineering requirements and models to resolve discontinuity of disparate systems
- Ensure engineering data capabilities empower developer teams to make improvements to our viewer experience
- Coordinate and contribute to cross engineering data investigations and analysis
- Discover opportunities for data innovation and improvements across the entire engineering space
- Strong proficiency in any one of the modern program languages such as Java, C#, Kotlin, Swift, Python, or Scala (8+ years)
- Some experience using data and creating frameworks to improve the structure of the data (2+ years)
- Production experience with SDLC processes (GitHub) and config-based deployment practices (YAML, etc.)
- High familiarity with recent innovative data platforms such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Datadog, Splunk
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
- High familiarity with recent innovative data platforms such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Datadog, or Splunk
- Minimum two years of experience in the streaming industry, knowledge of client and server-side architecture is a plus
- 2+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark, SQL, or Scala
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.