Senior Software Engineer, Research/Machine Learning
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 742410BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 31, 2020
Job Summary:DSAR is looking for an experienced senior research engineer, with an audio, video, and signal processing background. The focus will be in the following areas: Computer Vision, Language Processing, Conversational A.I., and Machine Learning with audiovisual content. Target projects include Personalized Interfaces, Social Viewing (eg. Twitch), Spatial Sensing for Augmented Reality, and Conversational Agents as Animated Characters. The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to build upon his or her knowledge to shape our industry leading solutions.
While the location of the positions is flexible for our San Francisco, Bristol, Raleigh, or Amsterdam sites, an ideal candidate would be located near our New York City office.
- Contribute to research activities and prototyping on specific Disney application features that deliver in 18-month cycles.
- Working with prototyping engineers using existing AWS services
- Contribute to research activities and patent/IP across Disney business and research groups
- BS/MS with 5+ years’ experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent area
- Deep applicable knowledge and research in the areas of:
- TensorFlow, PyTorch, SageMaker, or similar environments
- Natural Language Processing and Speech Synthesis for Conversational Agents
- Emotion and Sentiment analysis
- Experience of leveraging machine learning frameworks to build/prototype systems that involve scene understanding, object identification, and/or semantic segmentation
- Solid applied statistical modeling knowledge
- Strong algorithmic thinking and performance optimization
- Knowledge of what it takes to scale in code
- Skill in functioning as a part of a team and a willingness to learn a complex, multi-faceted system
- GraphQL experience
- Web service development, REST APIs, XML/JSON
- Release management, continuous integration, Git/GitHub
- Experience in AWS environments
- High load, highly scalable and distributed applications
- Messaging and asynchronous processing design
- Previous patent filing experience
Additional Information:We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing Disney benefits
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.