Senior Software Engineer - Video Player Apps & Test Harnesses
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 738598BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 06, 2020
Job Summary:Are you inquisitive and like seeing video play on a bunch of different devices? Do you like building video player test harnesses, working on tools that detect media capabilities, or creating tools that orchestrate video player testing across an array of different platforms and devices? Do you have strong JS/HTML skills? If so, we’d love for you to join us!
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Video Platform Engineering team, you will help provide the best in class video experience on browsers, connected devices, and Set-Top Boxes, pushing the envelope of what is technically possible with the most exciting content in the industry.
Whether you’re in New York or California we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry. In some cases, we are also open to remote employees.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- To work within a strong organization of video experts
- To work on a bleeding edge video player stack
- To work with a world-class team of engineers
- To work in a highly collaborative team environment
- To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
Responsibilities:As a critical member of the Video Platform Engineering team, you are responsible for building out the Web-based and Platform-specific Tools that are used to test and certify DSS’s next generation video players and features. You will design, build, and maintain tools used to test video playback across multiple platforms, including tools such as video playback test harnesses, dashboards, and automated testing tools.
- C++ application development
- Automated Testing design and development
- Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering, QA teams, and product teams to deliver best in class Video Playback tools
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 1+ year(s) of C++
- 1+ year(s) of video player integration
- Understanding of various CTV browsers and what features they support
- Understanding of video player testing tools design and implementations
- Understanding of video / audio formats, DRM implementations, and streaming formats
- Experience with video playback and/or automated testing tools for video playback is strongly desired
- Bonus: Familiarity with Widevine and PlayReady DRM
- Bonus: experience with CMAF
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.