Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 761452BR Location New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 14, 2020
Job Summary:As a Software Engineer at Disney Streaming Services you'll have the opportunity to create innovative, highly scalable services that power Disney+, our new streaming service that offers everything from the latest Marvel movies and The Mandalorian to classic Disney films. Imagine tackling the challenges of facilitating a high-quality media streaming experience that works flawlessly across mobile, connected devices, and web, all while using the latest tech available from AWS and beyond. Working in a truly collaborative environment, your contributions will help raise the bar by innovating and adopting new patterns and technologies that keep your team on the bleeding edge of development. And while you’ll reap the benefits of being part of one of the world’s most respected companies, you’ll also enjoy autonomy; at Disney Streaming Services, we feel strongly that teams should own their own processes, decide their own technologies, and design solutions for the long term. If you're interested in putting your skills to work in a creative, highly supportive team environment whose goal is to bring people the entertainment they love, please reach out - we'd love to hear from you!
The Services Engineering Team is hiring Software Engineers in NYC, San Francisco, Manchester, London and Amsterdam. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on the platform that powers our streaming products. Opportunities include Commerce and Growth Engineering, Digital Supply Chain, Metadata/artwork Processing and Delivery, Multimedia Development, User Authentication & Security, Digital Rights Management, Experimentation, and more.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities: Every day as a Software Engineer at Disney Streaming Services is different. On any given day, you might:
- Craft new or tweak existing software for backend services
- Learn a new language or program
- Work with a tightly-knit, cross-functional team of engineers to build software in an agile environment
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development, from requirements gathering, to designing, building, testing, maintenance, and support
- Be part of the development of one of the most broadly distributed systems in the world, solving a wide variety of engineering challenges
- Work backwards, looking at things from the customer perspective to solve a problem
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of being part of The Walt Disney Company
- API Driven service development.
- Experience with key/value store databases and RDBMS
- Automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional)
- Strong design principles (object-oriented or functional)
- Using abstraction to drive configurable behavior
- Sharp problem-solving skills
- Ability to work Independently and self-motivate
- Deep respect for the craftsmanship in your software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Build serverless applications
- Architect resilient applications that handle failure gracefully
- Create architectures using AWS infrastructure such as Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Code Deploy, etc.
- Dev-ops experience: build pipelines and deployment, immutable infrastructure
- Leverage your knowledge of tools such as Git, Jen--kins
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.