Senior Software Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 814587BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 16, 2021
Disney Streaming Services is a best-in-class media streaming technology company powering several of the largest streaming properties in the world, such as Disney+ and ESPN+, and is paving the way for next-generation media and sport technologies. As part of the Disney Streaming IAP Team, you will work on building software that powers entitlement and activation of in-app purchases made on third-party stores.
The Activation team is committed to both engineering excellence and personal well-being. Some things you can look forward to as a member of the Activation team:
• Co-workers who are committed to finding the right tools for the job, while leaving their ego at the door
• Focus on never disappointing the customer, even when things go wrong
• High value placed on code quality and understanding the true requirements
• A fanatical drive to build systems so resilient that we never get woken up in the middle of the night
This position can be either in-person (eventually) at one of our offices, or remote. The Activation team has members across the US and takes a remote-forward approach to our day-to-day to ensure we have the best people for the job, no matter where they are located.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• The opportunity to work on a bleeding-edge technology stack.
• The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers.
• The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems.
• The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by tens of millions of people.
• The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Amazing perks and benefits
• Craft software for backend systems using Scala, Akka, Play, Golang, AWS, and more.
• Collaborate with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
• Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, and maintenance).
• You are comfortable as an individual and collaborative contributor.
• You have experience with Java, Kotlin, or Scala.
• You have an understanding of software development fundamentals, and you aren't dogmatic about technology choices.
• You preferably have knowledge/experience with AWS services (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.) or other cloud providers.
• You have knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL DBs, and RESTful web service development.
• You are comfortable building automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional) and building resilient applications that handle failure gracefully.
• You have experience in design principles (object-oriented or functional).
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.