Senior Software Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 848061BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the 3rd Party Platform (3PP) team. The 3PP team builds and maintains critical services responsible for supporting Disney streaming media subscriptions, including Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, and more. Our services allow users to seamlessly access Disney content when making a purchase via external parties. We are an agile team, always open to experimentation, and are committed to the growth and learning that comes from both success and failure. Joining our team means you'll have the opportunity to work with world-class engineers on exciting new products and problems, on the fastest-growing streaming service of all time, alongside a team that is quickly growing into an exciting new domain. Technologies include Scala, Play, and AWS. Experience in these is preferred, but not required. If you're open to learning new things, or excited to expand your skillset in these areas, you'll fit right in.
The 3PP team is committed to both engineering excellence and personal well-being. Some things you can look forward to as a member of the team:
- Co-workers who are committed to finding the right tools for the job, while leaving their ego at the door
- Focus on never disappointing the customer, even when things go wrong
- High value placed on code quality and understanding the true requirements
- A drive to build systems so resilient that we never get woken up in the middle of the night
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by tens of millions of people
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Amazing perks and benefits
- Craft software for backend systems using Scala, Akka, Play, Golang, and more
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- You have at least 4 years work experience delivering high-quality code.
- You have strong backend experience with Scala.
- You have knowledge/experience with AWS services (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.) or other cloud providers.
- You have practical knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL DBs, and RESTful web service development.
- You have experience as a leader on your team (formal or informal), and are comfortable both being a strong independent contributor, and supporting your teammates.
- You have an excellent understanding of software development fundamentals, and you aren't dogmatic about technology choices.
- You are comfortable building automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional) and building resilient applications that handle failure gracefully.
- You have strong design principles (object oriented or functional).
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.