Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 959527BR Location New York, New York, United States / Remote, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 21, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Technologies include Java, Scala, and AWS (ECS, Kinesis, SNS, Lambda, Dynamo, Elasticsearch, and others). Experience in these areas is preferred but not required.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
- Participate in the on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses
- Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
- Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence
- Contribute to the DSS technical community through presentations, tech talks, and other knowledge-sharing efforts
- Experience delivering backend applications in a production environment
- Expertise in functional programming especially in a JVM context
- Experience with Scala and/or Java + Spring Framework preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building RESTful services
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await) and threading/concurrency
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
- Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Experience with AWS products and services (ECS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.) or other cloud providers
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.