Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006167 Location California, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States / San Francisco, California, United States / New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Streaming Services Web team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for developing performant, highly available, consumer-facing experiences using modern web technologies. Our team collaborates with both technical and non-technical teams to deliver engaging experiences for our subscribers. As a developer on Disney+ and Star+ Web Commerce team, you'll build and deploy critical signup, account and subscription management experiences used by millions of users. If you're passionate about the Web and interested in changing the landscape of television, we'd love to meet you!
- Develop software & infrastructure that powers the DisneyPlus.com commerce experience including signup, account and subscription management.
- Support and mentor developers through code reviews, knowledge-sharing, and technical leadership
- Collaborate with Product Managers to distill requirements into design and technical specifications
- Partner with UX to transform mock-ups into engaging, accessible web experiences
- Solid understanding of web technologies and the browser environment
- Excellent front-end debugging skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or related field or relevant work experience
- Experience shipping a production React/Node.js application
- Experience with developing applications in cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of web accessibility fundamentals
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.