Senior Software EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524668BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted May. 07, 2018
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’d work on the next big thing in large-scale backend software development. That could be scaling an API to serve millions of requests per second, managing state across multiple regions, or building new mechanisms to secure our video content. Join our New York-based Media Engineering community at BAMTECH.
Responsibilities:You'd be joining a group with a startup feel that collaborates on breakthrough streaming media technology.
Every single day as a Senior Software Engineer is different! On any one day you might:
- Make an immediate impact by shipping a major new feature with a small team;
- Work on projects that have direct, daily impact on consumers;
- Build tooling and dashboard to monitor health of your applications;
- Optimize a build-and-release pipeline to get software to production efficiently and safely;
- Lead a design session on a completely new architecture;
- Be an catalyst for change and exploring new directions;
- Mentor junior engineers on your team;
- Meet with an industry-leading partner about a new project;
- Join the crew at happy hour or screening of a new movie; and
- Work from home (you’d have the flexibility to do this on occasion)!
Basic Qualifications:Please apply if you have:
- 5+ years experience developing software applications;
- 3+ years experience developing Java or Scala applications;
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable distributed systems;
- Strong career ambitions that shine through your projects;
- The ability to effectively collaborate - using strengths of many;
- Natural curiosity - you enjoy digging deeper to see the big picture; and
- Know-how in shipping products.
It would also be nice if you are:
- Adept at leveraging cloud infrastructure such as AWS;
- Experienced with real-time messaging platforms such as Kafka or AWS Kinesis;
- Knowledgeble about persistence technologies like Reis or DynamoDB;
- Resilient - up for the challenge of continuous improvement;
- Tenacious – able to deliver through ambiguity;
- Energized by fast-paced environments.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.