Senior Technical Project Manager, Video Platform Engineering
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765869BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 21, 2020
Job Summary:The Video Platform Engineering team is looking to hire a Senior Technical Project Manager for Disney Streaming Services. The Senior TPM will be working with the Video Platform Engineering team.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager in the Video Platform Engineering teams, you’ll be responsible for partnering with Program and Engineering managers who are developing the video experiences for the Disney+ platform. You’ll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, road mapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
- Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
- Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed team, while balancing competing priorities
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
- Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
- Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
- Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
- Taking initiative and proactively find ways to remove barriers to move a project forward.
- Constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
- Promoting team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches in the consumer software industry.
- You have direct engineering experience. C++ experience is highly desirable and strongly recommended.
- In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
- Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the “go-to” individual
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Possess a strong understanding of application development, API transactions, and repository processes.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Experience working with remote and global teams
- Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
- Experience using JIRA Confluence, and GitHub.
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- You are intently focused on the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.