Senior Technical Project Manager
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763431BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
Job Summary:As a Senior Technical Project Manager within the Apple, Android & Web Engineering organization, you’ll be responsible for managing the onboarding/commerce software engineering team focused on developing large-scale, highly-performant consumer facing software applications for products including Disney+, ESPN+, and others. You’ll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, roadmapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications. This role includes planning, executing and ensuring post implementation support for new commerce rollouts globally and enhancements for new system features.
- You are obsessed with the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
- You promote team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
- You build strong relationships with partnered engineering teams
- You display initiative and take a proactive approach at finding ways to remove barriers to move a project forward
- You are able to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing multiple work streams in a deadline driven environment
- You are constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of managing stakeholders in multiple disciplines across several global offices
- Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
- Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
- Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed Engineering team, while balancing competing priorities
- Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
- Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
- Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
- Work with backend and service teams to establish the needs of your team, continually communicate risks to all stakeholders, and facilitate discussions to help remove blockers
- Possess/earn technical knowledge of onboarding and purchase flows, so you can represent your team in planning and status meetings
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches
- In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
- Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the “go-to” individual
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with remote and global teams
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.