Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Video ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 573907BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jul. 11, 2018
Job Summary:We’re seeking a Senior Video Producer to join ABC News Digital. The Senior Video Producer is a leading member of the Editorial team, responsible for pitching, sourcing and producing content for all ABC News platforms, including mobile, social and OTT. The Senior Video Producer will also provide oversight on news-of-day and long-term video projects.
The ideal candidate will identify and implement new efficiencies and practices across Digital as it pertains to video workflow and programming of content. He/she will also serve as training liaison on new technologies currently being used within the department in an effort to broaden use and expand our ways of storytelling.
The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while demonstrating impeccable editorial judgment. We are seeking an energetic leader who thrives off of the intensity of a 24/7 news cycle and loves working in a collaborative environment with different teams toward a common goal.
- Pitch, source and produce content for ABC News digital brands
- Sign-off on daily and long-term video projects
- Oversee delivery and programming of content across all digital platforms
- Identify and implement new practices related to efficiency
- Serve as training liaison for new technology
- Minimum six years of experience, preferably at a major news organization, managing digital video
- Must be able to edit on Avid or Final Cut Pro
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Adherence to the highest journalistic standards of journalism, including working closely with news desks in breaking news situations
- Experience writing news stories
- Well organized and capable of coping with changing priorities
- Familiarity with web analytics products
- BA or BS from a 4 year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.