SEO AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737059BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
The SEO Analyst on the Direct to Consumer & International (DTCI) Digital Media – Publishing Strategy team will work across all areas of search engine optimization (SEO) for four unique brands: ABC News Live, ABC News, Good Morning America and FiveThirtyEight. This person will be hyper-focused on mobile consumption habits and best practices to score maximized discoverability. In addition, this position will help optimize video content for consumption on YouTube. This role will work with their team and leadership to ensure all brands are optimized and technically situated to succeed across search properties.
This position requires someone who has a strong technical SEO background and a solid understanding of editorial workflows and strategies. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, demonstrating impeccable judgment and collaborating across teams.
- Optimize digital content across platforms: Work with editorial teams to ensure keywords and other pertinent tagging is included in all stories. Role will be at the forefront of everything that influences mobile search rankings and driving change to adapt for those trends.
- Execute SEO health checks, implement solutions: Partner with our DTCI product and technology group to carryout technical audits/checks of our search infrastructure. As potential issues are noticed, work with teams to address and ship fixes.
- Monitor SEO visibility: Establish regular cadence for monitoring the search rank/visibility of our properties. Identify opportunities for growth and gaps in coverage.
- Best practices: Inform teams of strategies to optimize content based on trends and best practices.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a digital media operation
- Strong knowledge of digital landscape, with an emphasis on mobile and search
- Mastery of SEO best practices
- Experience executing SEO audits/health checks and implementing solutions
- Strong analytic skills, high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with multiple teams on a variety of projects
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Familiarity with analytics products and SEO tools (Ex: Moz, SEMrush)
- Knowledge of Adobe Analytics (Omniture) a plus
- Must be available to work on short notice during breaking news situations
- BA/BS from a four-year accredited college or university
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.