Social Marketing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10030594 Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you’ll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Social Marketing Specialist who will function across ESPN Grande & Leonard (ESPN’s Creative Agency), ESPN Marketing, and the ESPN Social editorial team to ensure an always-on partnership focused on the development and distribution of engaging content that will thrive on ESPN-branded social media channels. The ideal candidate will have an unstoppable work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, and experience creating compelling social media content. Those applying should also be prepared to attend frequent meetings in ESPN’s New York City offices.
May be flexible on position location to NY, CT or CA
The hiring range for this position is $69,501.00 to $77,700.00 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
- Create engaging social-optimized content for a variety of social platforms including Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Conceptualize strategic partnerships with social media Influencers in efforts to expand the @espn audience.
- Analyze paid social performance to instruct best use of department budget and ensure content is platform-specific.
- Concept and create social-optimized extensions of ESPN brand marketing campaigns to drive engagement across ESPN social channels while ensuring partnership consistency and collaboration with ESPN Grande & Leonard.
- Attend and participate in all necessary social editorial and Grande & Leonard meetings, including campaign brainstorms and kick-offs with external creative partners.
- Have a deep understanding of all social platforms, including the frequent product and algorithm changes, and how both impact the ability to create and distribute marketing content.
- Maintain a critical eye over content quality and brand tone.
- Assist with the planning and posting of marketing social media extensions.
- Define KPIs to track success before and after marketing social campaigns.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media tools and trends, including an understanding of how other companies are leveraging social for brand extensions.
- Participate in the RFP process by brainstorming and providing insights for creative writers/developers.
- Educate others on social editorial best practices.
- Output subject to oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures
- Sports take place on nights, weekends and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in social media, social marketing, or a closely related field
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in Influencer Marketing or experience partnering with Influencers/Athletes/Artists
- Elite knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
- Sound editorial judgment, writing and editing skills
- Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Appreciation for and understanding of pop culture
- Familiarity with ESPN’s content across multiple platforms
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using video or photo editing software (e.g. Final Cut, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Experience working with brands or agencies on social campaigns
- Commanding knowledge of social media trends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- Must be able to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.