Software Engineer - AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514670BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 31, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Commerce Group, specifically our Order Services Team is looking to hire an Associate Software Engineer in NYC for Disney Streaming Services. The Associate Software Engineer will be working on Disney's new Streaming Service and some exciting new upcoming initiatives.
- Craft software for the back-end services written in Java.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
- Participate in the full-lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering,designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- RESTful web service development.
- Experience with key/value store databases and RDBMS.
- Adept on the Unix command line.
- Automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional).
- Using abstraction to drive configurable behavior.
- You're a self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You care deeply about craftsmanship in your software, and can work backwards from the customer.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Building serverless applications.
- Architecting resilient applications that handle failure gracefully.
- Expertise with architectures using AWS infrastructure: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Code deploy, EC2.
- Dev-ops experience: build pipelines and deployment, immutable infrastructure.
- Tools: Git, Jenkins.
- B.S in Computer Science
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.