Already applied?View Dashboard
Software Engineer, Back-endApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627003BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jan. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Marvel Entertainment is seeking a talented Backend Engineer with strong PHP and API experience.
The candidate will work with Marvel’s platform team. Your primary focus will be the development of back-end services and the interchange of data between our servers and our users, a very enthusiastic and highly engaged Marvel fan base.
At Marvel, you will work with a top-notch development team building the engine which powers Marvel’s successful online businesses and intellectual properties. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, technical design/implementation, and creating quality products is essential. You will help implement innovative solutions, which excite both long-time Marvel fans and new users alike. You will be responsible for building and integrating CMS features with the front-end stack. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Ensure engineering excellence by delivering robust, secure, scalable, and high-performance PHP code for enhancements in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain high performance APIs.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules in a Drupal environment, managing all technical aspects of a Drupal CMS.
- Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies. Create technical design documents when required. Perform coding, debugging and testing. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs.
- Constructive attitude in peer code reviews and mentorship.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks and design patterns.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Experience building sites with Drupal as a Headless CMS.
- Experience using AWS services and tools.
- Proficient in SQL/noSQL databases and their declarative languages.
- Solid understanding of security compliance, common web server exploits and their solutions.
- Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills and a high attention to detail.
- Understanding of Git branching models and comfortable doing code reviews.
- Familiar with automated testing and build tools like Jenkins.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.