Software Engineer, Engineering Data Strategy
New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781123BR Location New York, New York, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
Location: Seattle WA - New York NY
We are looking for a software engineer who is passionate about engineering data strategy & solutions. This role will partner closely across engineering teams to craft and build innovative systems and processes to further improve and harness critical engineering data points. In this role, you will enhance data to improve our understanding of essential engineering systems, playing a key role in the engineering lifecycle and creation of critical data points, solution frameworks, and ultimately products.
Do you have a passion for data and analytics and love working with software engineering teams? Then please continue reading!
- Contribute to captivating solutions, frameworks, and measurement of engineering systems.
- Help redefine engineering requirements and models to resolve discontinuity of disparate systems
- Ensure engineering data capabilities empower developer teams to make improvements to our viewer experience
- Coordinate and contribute to investigations and analysis
- Discover opportunities for innovation and improvements across the entire engineering space
- Proficiency in any one of the modern program languages such as Java, C#, Kotlin, Swift, Python, or Scala
- Production experience with SDLC processes (GitHub) and config-based deployment practices (YAML, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
- Some experience using data and creating frameworks to improve the structure of the data
- Some familiarity with recent innovative data platforms such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Datadog, Splunk
- Minimum two years of experience in the streaming industry, knowledge of client and server-side architecture is a plus
- 3+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark, SQL, or Scala
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.