Already applied?View Dashboard
Software Engineer, Front-endApply Now Apply Later Job ID 554901BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted May. 11, 2018
The candidate will work with Marvel’s platform team. Your primary focus will be the development of user interface components for marvel.com, and other web applications, implementing them using React.js in a brand-new infrastructure built from the ground up for Marvel fans looking to engage with the iconic Marvel brand online.
At Marvel, you will work with a top-notch development team building the engine which powers Marvel’s successful online businesses and intellectual properties. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, technical design/implementation, and creating quality products is essential. You will help implement innovative solutions, which excite both long-time Marvel fans and new users alike.
This is an on-site position in Marvel’s NYC office. Remote working is not supported. Candidates must be legally permitted to work in the United States, H1B visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies. Create design documents when required. Perform coding, debugging and testing. Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
• Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs.
• Constructive attitude in peer code reviews and mentorship.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
• Node.js experience managing the interchange of data between the server and users.
• Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
• Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
• Solid understanding of security compliance, common web exploits and their solutions.
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc
• Understanding of web accessibility, including WCAG standards and ARIA implementation.
• Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic.
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Critical thinking skills and a high attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications:• Demonstrable understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass.
• Experience in modern CSS layouts with tools such as CSS grid and flexbox.
• Understanding of Git branching models such as GitFlow and comfortable doing code reviews.
• Familiar with automated testing and build tools like Jenkins.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.