Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 899159BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Feb. 06, 2022 Flex Type Remote
This is an opportunity to join a team and optimize the user’s experience through analyzing Disney Streaming’s entire ecosystem, identifying areas of improvement, and building custom tooling to proactively increase issue identification and triage. The analysis, identification, and root cause analysis you make will help drive engineering initiatives and priorities.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong engineer; always striving to solve complex problems at scale. Preferably having a strong background in distributed services as well as client architecture. Whether you’re in New York, California, Seattle, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams on identifying, defining, supporting, and improving reliability and performance.
- Building, maintaining, and improving custom tooling that provides automated analysis of the ecosystem’s health while proactively identifying issues prior to becoming an incident.
- Identification and forensic analysis to find root cause analysis and provide recommendations on future cross functional changes needed.
- Ability to communicate, discuss, and champion reliability efforts
- Gather and analyze a variety of data points (qualitative and quantitative) and distill that information down into key insights for engineering.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, Cloud technologies, and internet and web applications
- Reliability efforts and initiatives in a technical organization
- Experience with modern SRE practices
- Cross-functional work with teams of different expertise
- Service Reliability/Operational experience running large scale high-performance systems & Internet services
- Comfortable analyzing various logs (HTTP Archive, and various client/service logs)
- Oversees the development and implementation of tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate multiple platform maintenance, operational efficiency, reliability, and administration.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: iOS, Android, browser, or streaming technologies.
- AWS products and services (CloudWatch, Athena, DynamoDB, ECS, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, etc…) or other cloud providers.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Datadog experience
- Big data experience with extracting (e.g. SQL, Snowflake, Databricks, Athena)
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.