Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 972706BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Learning the current codebase, maintaining and supporting it going forward.
- Implementing unit tests for current codebase.
- Researching and executing new software solutions for infrastructural or operational issues.
- Monitoring and optimizing the technical performance of current internal systems.
- Responding to development requests from external teams.
- 2+ years in Linux/*nix environment (shell, basic debugging, administration, ect)
- 2+ years experience with Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, ect..)
- 2+ years experience with modern SQL or NoSQL databases/frameworks (InfluxDB, ELK, MongoDB, MySQL, Columnar Databases, Cassandra)
- Basic networking knowledge (DNS, TCP/IP, subnets, VPN, etc)
- Solid verbal & written communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to vulgarize complex concepts for layusers
- Experience in large-scale, distributed systems (containerization, VM's, Kubernetes, Kafka, etc)
- Observability tools (ELK, InfluxDB, Grafana, TSDB, etc.)
- ETL/big-data tools (Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, vector databases, ect..)
- Experience with hybrid infrastructure (cloud and on-prem)
- Basic hardware/systems planning in an enterprise environment (hypervisors, RAID, CPU, RAM, etc)
- Experience with high volume HTTP/S services a plus
- Experience in media streaming architectures a plus
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.