Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 961792BR Location New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Content Experience Delivery team builds systems that provide data at scale to teams across Disney Streaming. We implement reliable, high-request services that deliver data that helps power our streaming services' user experiences across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build and operate these critical services that support all Disney+, Star+ and Hulu users!
We're a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun team, and looking forward to finding out more about you!
You'll join a hardworking group of engineers who build and manage systems that publish data to Disney Streaming’s internal and edge-facing services - ultimately powering clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV, Apple TV, Roku, and others.
We're passionate about data - just like you! You'll apply your experience with database technologies to construct distributed, large-scale services.
- Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
- Participate in the on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses
- Contribute to the DSS technical community through presentations, tech talks, and other knowledge-sharing efforts
- 1+ years of related experience crafting large-scale, highly available services in AWS utilizing various database and messaging technologies.
- Strong programming skills in Java and other object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Experience using source control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Champion cross-team projects.
- Coach and mentor other specialists on the team to ensure that all software utilizes industry best practices for data persistence.
- Collaborate efficiently with product management, technical program management, operations, and other engineering teams to capture requirements, drive implementation, and provide transparency.
- A broad perspective on problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members and others at Disney Streaming.
- Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud infrastructure.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.