Software Engineer- Messaging PlatformApply NowApply Later Job ID 884000BR Location New York, New York, United States; United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
We are making major enhancements to our multi-region, multi-tenant core messaging platform to enable other Disney Streaming engineering teams to send messaging via email and SMS. You can be a part of building a unified messaging platform that will encapsulate the very best of Hulu and Disney.
This position might be right for you if:
- You want to help us build a core messaging platform that impacts every fan of our products
- You’re a curious and efficient engineer who wants to feel empowered to help define the direction of development and work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in our organization
- You enjoy working with other brilliant engineers in a challenging but supportive environment, learning from others and sharing your expertise with them
- Build systems to power a 24/7 live service
- Implement core, backend software components for the Messaging Platform
- Code using primarily Java
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Work with cloud native stack, built on AWS
- 2+ years of experience building internet-scale web or services applications
- Experience in a Java and alternative JVM application development environments (Scala/Kotlin)
- Familiarity with the AWS environment (awareness of ECS (Docker), S3, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Understanding of software development fundamentals
- Familiarity with writing unit, integration and functional tests
- Understanding of agile processes software team with version control & project management tools (e.g. Github, SVN, Jira, Basecamp)
- Familiarity with service APIs and/or SDKs
- Understanding of scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime systems
- Creative and inventive problem solving
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Experience with SES or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Familiarity with AWS Serverless technologies
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.