Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Spring 2020, Digital Comics InternApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714626BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
We also have a subscription service called Marvel Unlimited. The intern will help us develop digital comics to be read in a panel-to-panel format, this means you get to control the reading flow and order of what the reader will see on the page! Cool right?
Plus, there is so much more we do here in this department relating to digital comics. If you have a love for comics and embrace the digital age, this could be just right for you!
- Help create books for digital download
- Help create books for Marvel Entertainment digital comics reader
- Redesign cover images
- Check the quality for digitally created books and files.
- Intern should have knowledge of the Adobe Suite programs: PHOTOSHOP, INDESIGN, ILLUSTRATOR.
- Should be responsible for organizing large amounts of files.
- A keen sense for design. Great listening skills. Work well with others. Should always be on time to work.
- Open to learning new ways of using the Adobe program.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be enrolled in college/university, pursuing BA/BS
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.