Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Spring 2020, New Media Production InternApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715074BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
Responsibilities:Supporting the production team during all phases of video and audio production, including camera operation, prepping of lights and audio equipment, basic editing, gathering and managing content for videos, and more, including:
• Acting as a production assistant on set, both in a studio and field environment
• Basic editing in Premiere and After Effects
• Preparing content for distribution across multiple platforms
• Researching and selecting music tracks in the ABC Library
• Help in maintaining production calendar
• Logging video and entering metadata on assets
Basic Qualifications:• An understanding of the fundamentals of camera and lighting operations; including composition, exposure, and the ingestion of media to prep for editing.
• Sony FS7 knowledge preferred but not required.
• An overall understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, primarily focused on Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
• Converting digital video to various formats for different platforms.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams in a professional way
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and meeting tight deadlines
• Possession of a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• Resourcefulness, and experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Candidates should be able to work in both a team environment and independently.
• There are shoots done at remote locations, requiring some traveling, and moving heavy camera equipment around.
• Interest in the Marvel brand
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Required EducationPursuing a BA or BS in related field.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program by arrival date
- Junior, Senior Undergraduate Program student status by arrival date
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.