Sr Analyst, Business AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10010350 Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is seeking a top performing candidate to provide data-driven insights and analytical support whose key function is to facilitate complex business challenges which 1) strengthen key stakeholder relationships and/or 2) further divisional goals as directed by executives in DMED.
As this role consists of significant exposure & visibility to senior management, it is ideal for highly motivated individuals with advanced problem solving and communication skills that are deeply interested in managing data sets to solve difficult, non-routine problems while also providing operational analytics and reporting, facilitating internal and external communications, and managing initiatives which contribute positively to customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Successful candidates have a commitment toward action, have exceptional partnership/communication skills, and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. The candidate will be expected to balance analytical excellence with objectivity and is not afraid to ask difficult questions and seek the answers for them. He or she is someone that knows how to apply the hypothesis-driven approach to solve problems and is also able to leverage qualitative and quantitative data, derive actionable recommendations from both, and confidently present to our senior leadership team in a credible and confident manner. Last but not least, a rolling up your sleeves attitude is very important –in this team, we balance the high-level strategic view with deep-dive analysis.
You will also be responsible to aid in the planning, goal setting, key performance metric design, and help to manage the rhythm of the business in activities such as Periodical Business Reviews, Forecast Calls, Staff Meetings, All-Hands, GTM decisioning in collaboration with our sales leaders while working with corporate communications, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. Expect to engage with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and drive towards simple solutions to complex problems in partnership with various internal groups (ex. Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Human Resources, Revenue & Yield Management, etc.).
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Partner with client groups to understand & anticipate in-depth business requirements, priorities, processes, and key performance indicators. Advocate on behalf of clients with leadership.
- Provide thought leadership to your key business stakeholders, translating data into actionable insights using appropriate analytical solutions.
- Support business performance to identify and size opportunities for growth and efficiency, contributing to the direction of the business.
- Conduct repeatable and ad-hoc analyses to measure and interpret business trends and inform business partner decisions (ad hoc presentations and spreadsheet analysis to educate/drive action)
- Participate in a variety of assigned and ongoing business operations initiatives to ensure success in meeting business goals and objectives.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of business analysis or relevant experience or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. MA, MS, MBA, JD, MD)
- High proficiency in advanced Excel functionality (pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc.)
- Previous experience in advertising sales; Global Digital Media experience preferred
- Partnership experience with sales, consulting, marketing, product strategy, or management
- Ability to speak effectively, influence, and collaborate at all organizational levels and adapt style to different audiences.
- Ability to grow in ambiguity, demonstrable problem-solving leadership, and tenacity with limited oversight.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts & derive patterns and insights from data
- Superior attention to detail with eye for spotting errors and redundancies
- Advanced financial numeracy & Excel skills; experience writing SQL queries, working with multiple data sets to generate reporting/insights
- Ability to synthesize data into useful formats and bring actionable insights through effective communication
- Confident speaker with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates
- Actively contributes to team meetings / conference calls
- Advanced PowerPoint skills - able to create individual slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review
- Develops visually appealing & ‘management friendly’ end-products
- Able to work comfortably & confidently under pressure and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and manage personal time & stakeholder expectations
- Safe pair of hands – keeps track of deliverables and proactively follow ups and provides updates. Does not need to be reminded or chased
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders. Not possessive about roles and responsibilities – flexible to sharing or merging roles/responsibilities with others to meet overall project or Firm objectives
- Considerate of others, is able to take on additional work and support others during high pressure situations
- High level of integrity and dedication; sees failure as necessary step for future improvement
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.