Sr. Analyst, Business Strategy and Development (East)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 821264BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
- Support negotiations with key distribution partners by aiding in the creation of proposals, term sheets, and financial modeling in support of a multi-billion dollar business
- Work with the Platform Distribution Sales team in support of direct-to-consumer, traditional / digital MVPD, and transactional (e.g., Electronic Home Video) businesses, and represent the entire Walt Disney Company portfolio of content
- Have ownership over preparing analyses for distribution opportunities and conducting ongoing evaluations around key business drivers, industry trends, and new business models
- Crystalize key insights from data and communicate them in an efficient manner to a variety of internal audiences
- Manage multiple deals and projects simultaneously
- Serve as a supportive member of the team while contributing to specific skill and long term professional development as well as fostering an inclusive team culture for learning and growth
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of content distribution and the market landscape for direct-to-consumer, MVPD, and transactional businesses and develop points of view on potential business impacts to be shared throughout the company
- Establish and maintain relationships with diverse group of partners within Disney Platform Distribution as well as across the organization with Legal, Finance, Network Groups, Research, and Programming in order to collaborate on key analyses and deal goals to help drive decisions and impact
- Understanding of media industry landscape, including competitors and current trends
- Proven written, verbal, quantitative / modeling skills (including Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively and work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Work experience in investment banking, management consulting, or strategy role at a media or technology company
- Industry experience in media, technology and/or with subscription business models
- Experience in contract review and interpretation
- Minimum 2 years work experience and/or educational equivalent in a strategy, finance, or business development role
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.