Sr. Business Analyst, Business AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 795746BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 24, 2021
DMED Platform Distribution Strategy is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Senior Business Analyst to join our Business Affairs team. In this role, you will help build the future of video by developing and supporting contractual and business strategies for the Disney Platform Distribution group to advance the media networks, direct-to-consumer and digital transactional businesses. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will review contracts and manage contractual compliance, participate in negotiations with distribution clients, and evaluate new distribution and programming opportunities. The candidate for this role has a strategic mindset and a collaborative spirit.
- Support and participate in negotiations with key distributors, including: cable, satellite, telco, over-the-top and digital platforms (e.g., Comcast, YouTube TV, Amazon).
- Collaborate with senior members of the Business Affairs team to establish standard terms and deal structures that can be applied across accounts. Partner with business and legal colleagues to implement best practices and processes in connection with business needs.
- Create and maintain various contractual analyses and summaries across accounts and services. Maintain standards and procedures to facilitate contractual analysis and ensure contractual compliance.
- Provide timely and thoughtful contractual advice on potential risks and challenges, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
- 3-4 years of related work experience within legal, business affairs or a related field
- Experience reviewing contracts and legal documents to identify language inconsistencies and drafting errors
- Demonstrated proficient analytical and communication skills
- Effectively organizes sets of data and manages numerous projects
- Concisely communicates appropriate levels of information with internal stakeholders
- Understanding of media industry landscape and current competitive trends
- Prior experience in media strategy or distribution
- Knowledge of licensing agreements, contract and general corporate legal concepts
- Experience with complex contractual analysis, contractual risk assessment, and drafting contractual language
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in related discipline
Preferred EducationJD or paralegal certificate
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.