Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Business Operations MgrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 656502BR Location New York, New York, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 17, 2019
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and strategic manager for the position of Senior Business Operations Manager. Working with the Disney Streaming Services team in New York and reporting to the VP of Partnerships and Promotions, this individual will be responsible for owning and operating a global gift card business within Disney’s Direct To Consumer and International business segment. The Senior Business Operations Manager will partner with DTCI executives, Disney+, ESPN+ and Disney Gift Card Services to define and deliver a global go-to-market strategy. The ideal candidate will have a passion for innovation and executing creative, end-to-end retail, eCommerce and marketing programs designed to drive Disney’s DTC businesses. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can effectively collaborate and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with international teams, Disney Streaming Services and Disney Gift Card Services to establish product requirements, global business strategy and complete go-to-market plan for Disney+ and ESPN+ gift cards.
- Establish a global integrated retail team to operate the Disney+ and ESPN+ gift cards business.
- Develop, implement, and execute strategic marketing programs to drives user acquisition, conversion, and engagement for ESPN+ and Disney+ products.
- Provide competitive analysis and retail recommendations for priority international markets.
- Help define and provide input for KPIs and success metrics against the global business plan.
- Collaborate with teams across local markets, Disney Streaming Services, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products and the Disney Gift Card Services team to execute the roadmap.
- Synchronize project planning, milestones tracking, dependencies and risks with Business Operations global plan of record.
- Clearly communicate and advocate the plans and priorities of the Disney DTC services across the various groups and divisions of TWDC in order to identify opportunities that align objectives and achieve goals.
- Create tools, reports, and processes to effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Execute and deliver projects in a highly matrixed and distributed environment.
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services Enterprise Program Management to effectively complement their efforts, closing gaps with minimal overlap, with a focus on managing projects from a Disney DTC service organization perspective.
- Build effective working relationships with the Disney DTC Marketing and Product teams to create high levels of visibility and predictability across all Disney DTC projects.
- Track record that shows you’re ready to excel in meeting the extraordinary challenges of this role (8+ years in roles leading global gift card business)
- Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Leadership that builds teams, relationships, and credibility as a trusted partner and doer
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to executive management on overall program health
- Strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- Strong attention to detail
- Successful experience executing projects in consumer tech organizations
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem.
- Relevant work experience across multiple technology areas and services preferably to include infrastructure, applications, data management, security and business relationship management
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business improvement through process re-engineering
- Expert knowledge to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitate development of complex solutions
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Creatively and collaboratively disruptive
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Expert understanding of program management processes and methodologies
- Ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- BA/BS in business, marketing, other retail field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.