Sr Data Engineer - Core Data team
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774234BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 25, 2021
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of delivering streaming video. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, preparing, and processing extremely large volumes of data using public cloud and open source technologies. The data engineering team offers transparency into system operation, and guidance for performance optimizations.
If you are interested in joining Disney Streaming Services in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Develop high performance Spark ETLs in Scala and Python
- Develop unit/integration tests and data validations to ensure the quality of code and data
- Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
- Coach data engineers best practices and technical concepts of building large scale data platforms
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with terabyte or petabyte scale data systems
- Proficiency in Scala (or willingness to learn)
- Proficiency with Scala or Python (preferably both)
- Traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop/Hive, BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake
- Streaming platforms such as Flink, Spark
- Workflow management tools such as Airflow
- Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
- Data exploration and data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Chartio, Apache Superset, Plotly / Dash
- New York City preferred
- Remote possible for the right candidate who is willing to work EST hours from within the USA
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.