Sr. Data Engineer - Machine Learning & Innovation teamApply NowApply Later Job ID 882433BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 03, 2021
- Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand algorithm feature and data requirements
- Work with Engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems
- Perform ad hoc data analysis as necessary
- 5+ years of software experience with 3+ years of relevant data and software experience
- Experience in building large datasets and scalable services
- Experience deploying and running services in AWS and in engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, EMR, S3, and Spark
- Experience loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Redshift and Snowflake
- Experience designing and developing backend microservices for large scale distributed systems using gRPC or REST
- Experience with large-scale distributed data processing systems and cloud infrastructure such as AWS or GCP and container systems such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the Python/Scala/Java data ecosystem
- Experience building streaming pipelines using Kafka, Spark, Flink, or Samza
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation, and experimentation
- Mentor colleagues on best practices and technical concepts of building large scale solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.