Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Executive Search ConsultantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 664430BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 02, 2019
Job Summary:Direct-To-Consumer & International (DTCI) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services (ESPN+, the Disney SVOD service coming in 2019, and its ownership stake in Hulu) alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting edge technology with world class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Job Summary and Purpose: The Senior Recruiter of Technology Executive Search is an integral member of our talent acquisition team combining research, consultative and advocacy skills for delivering top executive talent across a diverse set of technology disciplines. As a member of our executive search team, day to day activities will entail project management, strategic execution plans and delivery to achieve a best in class service delivery model. Each talent strategy will consist of:
- Talent strategy sessions and plan development
- Deep functional and market expertise
- Attraction., marketing, sourcing & networking strategies
- Talent identification, assessment, and candidate engagement
- Leading and advising business stakeholders through data
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, identify critical needs for candidate profiles and deploy creative research and sourcing techniques to identify top talent
- Project manage the day to day executive search through the development and execution of full life cycle recruitment plans; ensuring the candidate, client, team, and recruiter experiences are met with exceptional service delivery
- Serve as an internal consultant to our senior business leaders and HR partners for translating business strategies and thoroughly understanding leadership talent needs to successfully deliver against the organization’s vision, long term strategy and annual goals
- Develop, manage, and leverage a broad professional network, deep understanding of the function, and stay current on market trends, innovative sourcing practices, and talent insights for generating rapid, effective results aligned to business priorities
- Implement key workforce diversity initiatives which include, but are not limited to professional associations, business affiliations, community outreach programs and events, industry networking, and select organizational partnerships
- Drive facilitation of continuous improvement via measurement tools, , and recruitment analytics
- Maintain a constant understanding of market trends, best practices and key happenings in relevant market places
- 7+ years recruiting experience, preferably in an enterprise corporate recruiting and sourcing environment, with emphasis on hard to fill and leadership disciplines
- Proven success creating comprehensive recruitment and sourcing plans with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of clients within the organization
- Experience leading recruitment hiring processes across multiple functional areas towards ambitious results and in a matrixed environment
- Proven track record managing executive relationships and ability to collaborate and build relationships with key stakeholders across functional and various geographical locations
- Expertise in negotiation, advising, influencing, and full executive talent search management
- Experience in working in a consultative role where outstanding communication and presentation skills are required with the ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and aggressive deadlines
- A strong sense of business acumen with the ability to understand & interpret complex business needs, compensation and business structures
- Strong storytelling, facilitation, and influencing skills
- A natural curiosity, creativity, and executive presence with a drive to succeed
- A broad understanding, and demonstrated ability to get up to speed on key areas of technology, including: Software Engineering, Product Development and Management, Data engineering, etc.
- Experience with Kenexa or an equivalent ATS, VMS, and/or Enterprise HRMS
- Experience fully leveraging a CRM or CMS
- Strategic sourcing capabilities with advanced knowledge and expertise in advanced boolean and semantic searching, professional networking, and innovative, direct sourcing techniques
- Advanced level of proficiency using LinkedIn and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Deep expertise using social media tools for attracting, market positioning, and talent engagement to include but not limited to: LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, and diversity-oriented sites & blogs
- Successful researching techniques using internet mining tools such as Wanted Analytics, Broadlook, ZoomInfo, Hoovers, etc.
- Successful executive and/or search firm experience is highly beneficial
- Prior experience in an executive search firm preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.