Sr. Information Security Specialist - Disney Streaming
New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 931307BR Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:This role will be a Hybrid role based out of NYC or Santa Monica, CA - NOT 100% Remote
Disney Streaming Services Information Security team’s mission is to protect the services, data, and technology assets of the organization, partners, and cast members. In concert with Disney’s Global Information Security group, the DSS team works on initiatives that prevent, detect, and respond to malicious activity. Risk and threat assessment, incident response, security architecture, vulnerability management, governance and compliance, security awareness and training, security operations, among many other efforts make up the information security program.
The Senior Security Specialist will serve as a member of the Disney Streaming Security Operations team. Their primary responsibility will be developing tactics to detect and respond to security events within the Disney Streaming environment.
- Develops and executes network monitoring and security operations, vulnerability management, CAT, and IAM solutions that meet current GIS program specifications (execute the strategy)
- Reviews and presents domain/function-specific reports to the team (peers) and next level of leadership within the team
- Executes advanced analysis of monitoring activities, control violation findings, and IAM functions and services to propose advancements in alignment with Company security requirements (advance the control environment and operate efficiently)
- Participate in the monitoring of high-profile title and product launches.
- Participate in on-call functions to support security operations with after-hours coverage.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to support Disney Streaming Information Security Initiatives
- Development of security detection and alerting mechanisms.
- Performs necessary investigative and response functions to support security operations
- Monitors high-profile title and product releases within Disney's Streaming Services segment.
This is hybrid role based out of our NYC or Santa Monica offices.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working in a security operations capacity
- Skills and knowledge with SIEM technologies (Splunk), cloud environments, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, network firewalls, endpoint protection, email security
Required EducationBA/BS in business or computer science or appropriate work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.