Job Summary:BAMTECH Media is a place for the creative and the bold!
This position is located New York, NY. We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
● The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
● The opportunity to work with a world-class team of Engineers
● The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
● The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
● The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
Amazing benefits including:
● Competitive salary with potential yearly bonus
● Paid vacation, personal, and sick days
● Commuter benefits
● And more!
● Work on a modern stack consisting of NodeJS, Amazon Web Services and various toolkits.
● Enforce code quality through test driven development.
● Work with various AWS Services to support current implementations and architect solutions for new product offerings.
● Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements.
● Github Enterprise
● Bower and NPM
● Grunt and Webpack
● Strong experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
● Experience with HTML5 video a plus.
● Experience building SDK’s a plus.
Required EducationComputer Science / Engineering degree --or-- equivalent experience is preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.