Sr. Linux Systems Engineer
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763453BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 21, 2020
Job Summary:The Core Infrastructure Team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for the architecture, implementation, and management of the infrastructure services that power content processing and delivery globally for a range of streaming products including ESPN+ and Disney+. From managing the virtualization and container platforms to ensuring that the underlying infrastructure services operate at peak performance, Core Infrastructure is intimately involved.
We are currently seeking a senior level systems engineer to join this world-class group. Reporting to the Director of Core Infrastructure, the ideal candidate is a team player with a rich and diverse technical background. This person is articulate, is creative in their problem solving, is passionate about standardization and automation, and is comfortable working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment.
If you think you can apply your skill set to some, or all of the following, we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
- Architecture, Implementation, and Management of global compute infrastructure (RHEV, oVirt, Docker+Kubernetes)
- Development of configuration management and automation tooling to handle various deployment and administrative tasks (Ansible + AWX, Jenkins, Foreman)
- Deployment and Management of infrastructure services (DNS, NTP, SMTP, Proxies, etc)
- Management of source control systems (Github Enterprise), and Artifact Repositories (Artifactory)
- Deployment and Management of various other services on behalf of partner teams (IPAM, vulnerability scanners, DCIM appliances, etc)
- Timely remediation of reported security vulnerabilities (system patching, configuration changes, firmware updates)
- Fielding Tier 3 escalations related to Core Infrastructure services
- Participating in an on-call rotation
- BS/BE/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, OR 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Expert Knowledge of Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Fedora)
- Experience designing highly scalable, fault-tolerant service deployments utilizing a combination of on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or oVirt (KVM).
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker (Rancher a plus).
- Expert knowledge of Bash/SH shell scripting, and experience working with Ruby or Python
- Experience using debugging tools (gdb, strace, lsof, ltrace)
- Experience working with Source Control Systems (git in particular)
- Experience building applications from source, and expert knowledge of building RPMs (including SPEC file design and GPG signed RPM builds)
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Advanced Knowledge of BIND DNS (nsupdate, dnssec, stubs, delegation)
- Advanced knowledge of Layer 2/3 switching, VLAN, VXLAN, inter-VLAN routing, LACP, Etherchannel, subnetting, NAT, PNATs
- Working Knowledge of multi-layer firewalls
- Experience working with IDM Systems (Free IPA, Red Hat IDM, Okta), LDAP, and SAML.
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- Experience with load balancing technologies (haproxy, nginx)
- Experience with Varnish (working knowledge of VCL a plus)
- Experience with automation (Ansible, AWX) and CICD (Jenkins) tools
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and log aggregation and visualization tools (ELK Stack, Grafana, Metrictank, netdata, etc)
- Working knowledge of SSL Certificate management, and the fundamentals of public key cryptography
Required EducationBS/BE/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or 7 or more years of relevant experience or 7 or more years of relevant experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.