Sr Manager, Business AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10011579 Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Business Analytics Manager role is responsible to deliver analytics and business insights to facilitate incremental advertising revenue for Disney’s portfolio of brands across all linear and digital ad formats for ABC, Hulu, ESPN, FX, National Geographic, Freeform, Disney Channel, among others within Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED).
The Senior Business Analytics Manager will lead the employment of the financial planning and analysis process to promote the best short-term and long-term business decisions, while driving process improvement in areas like: special project support, budgeting, cost management, revenue optimization, business planning, reporting & analytics, development and measurement of KPIs, and consulting with business leaders.
A strong problem-solver, this role is expected to leverage both quantitative and qualitative methods to enable fact based decisions to effectively drive and manage the business. A key partner to the executive leadership team, this role will be an integral collaborator with the Finance, HR, Operations and Revenue and Yield Management teams to identify and develop key business drivers tied primarily to metrics, reporting dashboards and analytical insights. As a trusted advisor, he or she will routinely work with sales leaders and key partners to enable good decision-making by understanding their business, highlighting risk/opportunities via analytics, and guide processes (e.g., goal setting, annual planning, etc.). He or she is expected to routinely lead ad hoc projects independently that define the health of the total portfolio for Broadcast, Cable, and Sports (including Long Range Planning, LRP, Annual Operating Plan, AOP, organizational planning & headcount staffing, etc.)
Successful candidates have a commitment toward action, have exceptional partnership and communication skills and know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast. He or she is expected to balance finance with strategy & planning and is not afraid to ask difficult questions and seek the answers for them.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Develop financial analysis to size opportunities & risks and ensure optimal allocation of our go-to-market efforts. Serve as sparring partner to our decision-makers across the different regions and functions (Finance, Revenue and Yield Management, Human Resources, Operations, etc.)
- Function as SME for the financial performance of the overall portfolio across brands and media (linear/addressable) and raise the bar in how we analyze, project and optimize customer revenue.
- Establish a systematic process to track the performance of our key business segments and growth initiatives. ID key growth metrics, monitor trends and variances to our forecast and work with business owners to surface opportunities to improve performance and drive incremental growth.
- Employ analytics and reporting into clear and compelling recommendations that allow for actionable decisions to decision-makers and executive management.
- Help drive the rhythm of the business by participating in forecasting, target setting and budgeting in alignment with Corporate and DMED timelines.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND preferably 7+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts & derive patterns and insights from data
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context and remain centered on answering the ‘bigger’ question
- Ability to execute fact-based analysis to drive insight into action; translates data into powerful stories
- Advanced PowerPoint skills - able to create individual slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review
- Able to work comfortably & confidently under pressure and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and manage personal time & stakeholder expectations
- Ability to navigate a highly complex, matrixed, organization
- Is able to build relationships with and influence colleagues and functions (particularly those outside the candidate’s organization) to meet deadlines
- Candidate must be proactive, extremely organized, multifaceted, capable of working on concurrent complex projects, and able to communicate effectively to internal team members, along with outside vendors, clients, and executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders. Not possessive about roles and responsibilities – flexible to sharing or merging roles/responsibilities with others to meet overall project or Firm objectives
- High level of integrity and dedication; sees failure as a necessary step for future improvement
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.