Sr. Manager, Growth Marketing StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 820644BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 15, 2021
The Growth Marketing team within Disney Streaming focuses on the core task of driving subscriber acquisition growth. We leverage data, consumer insights and a powerful set of technologies to effectively and efficiently connect with sports and entertainment fans to provide the highest quality streaming experiences.
DSS Marketing is seeking a Sr. Manager, Marketing Growth Strategy to support our team’s rapid growth and help foster and expand the data driven marketing capabilities within Disney.
This role will provide direct support for mobilizing key initiatives and assisting with surfacing performance insights to company leadership on behalf of the SVP of Growth Marketing. This will entail analysis of performance data and conversion events and working fluidly with and throughout the Growth Marketing department, particularly the department leaders
The right person has strong attention to detail, is comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders across the enterprise, can drive pieces of business critical-initiatives that span multiple teams, can manage projects ranging from strategic planning to operational process design, can identify metrics-driven insights, likes to solve problems, is intellectually curious, and a self-starter.
Preferred candidates will bring significant experience in digital marketing strategy, plan generation, forecasting, consulting, and execution. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated leadership managing complex marketing projects and possess deep familiarity with digital media channels.
Strong presentation, communication, and analytics skills are a must and candidate will be expected to present examples. Demonstrable project management skills with a proven track record of delivering complex marketing projects with strong results are also a must.
- Execution of Marketing-related assignments; ability to draft integrated plans, strategies, forecasts
- Play an active role in business planning to ensure marketing programs are positioned for success
- Track key initiatives and content drops to monthly and quarterly KPIs, help identify campaign performance success and optimize future planning efforts to improve customer lifetime value
- Partner closely with Business Operations, Finance, Analytics, and broader Marketing organization (e.g., Brand & Content, Paid Media, Lifecycle, Product, Creative)
- Flexible in dealing with dynamic environments and ambiguity
- Heavy development of presentations, proposals, reports and plans
- Provides project oversight, project process and reporting on marketing progress
- Has a critical eye for quality of work and is confident to challenge cross-team deliverables
- Helps to quantify value of marketing initiatives in terms of return and cost to the organization
- Assists in the prioritization and management of the Marketing department’s project pipeline
- This is an individual contributor role where occasional weekend support may be required if needed
- 7-10 years of experience; preferably in strategy, digital marketing, and/or consulting
- Presentation and communication skills – an expert in conveying complex concepts through words and visuals to be consumed by broad audiences in PowerPoint, Google Slides, Word; Excel wizard
- Analysis and reporting of data from a marketing and business point of view; able to synthesize stories across diverse teams
- Appreciation, understanding and experience navigating complex technical organizations and evangelizing the impact of marketing practices
- Project prioritization and management skills
- Track record of success growing consumer-facing digital products or services
- Ability to “look around the corner” and identify key trends and value drivers
- True collaborator, relationship-builder, mentor and can manage in a highly matrixed environment
- Entrepreneurial, creative, persuasive
- MBA preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.