Sr Manager, HR Business Partner (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 762544BR Location New York, New York, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 19, 2020
The Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner will contribute to and lead the execution of human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of Disney Advertising Sales within our Direct to Consumer & International segment. The Senior Manager must be able to function as a collaborative and influential business partner to leaders, HR specialty groups and other business partners while focusing on crucial, time-sensitive organizational development and diversity projects.
- Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the Disney Advertising Sales business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Supports organization design and integration projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Partners with the Diversity & Inclusion lead to drive thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote D&I in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Drives engagement survey action items focusing on career development, work environment and culture.
- Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach.
- Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives.
- Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues.
- Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results.
- Develops and executes a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career/ succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Uses understanding of individual and organizational dynamics to facilitate talent movement into and throughout the organization.
- Assesses employee learning and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, diversity & inclusion, talent management and change management.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place.
- Ability to position self as credible (garners respect, acts with integrity, keeps commitments); proactive (has a point of view, challenges assumptions, takes initiative); and a trusted thought partner (builds relationships, delivers results).
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Possesses both critical thinking capability and hands-on HR business plan implementation experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.