Sr. Manager, Human ResourcesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10027457 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
In this role, the Sr. Manager, HR will execute on human resource strategies and deliverables to support the needs of WABC Owned TV Station. The Sr. Manager will lead and facilitate HR programs and strategies for the business leaders through collaboration and strong partnerships. In addition, the Sr. Manager will deliver integrated HR solutions in partnership with the HR Centers of Excellence and other key DMED business partners.
- Develop and implement an integrated HR strategy that proactively addresses all major HR areas including but not limited to; talent management, organization development, talent planning, and career development, DE&I, leadership development, employee engagement, recruitment, learning & development, and total rewards.
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
- Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management, as well as leveraging business data, metrics, and external market insights to inform decisions
- Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
- Develop and lead a staffing strategy in support of the business strategy, KPIs, and business priorities. This includes sourcing and recruiting daily hires, direct hires, and Union staff. Building and pipelining talent from intern to executive talent pools.
- Implement employee engagement strategies to foster an environment based on respect and values. Consult with clients on DE&I programs and implementation.
- Ensure adherence to the Collective Bargaining Agreements in all talent management, compensation, and talent development.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
- Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
- Streamline and implement new, large-scale structures and/or processes to create speed, efficiency and agility within the organization
- Lead large-scale change management efforts around culture and process evolution
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of Human Resources programs
- Oversee local and Union payroll management and compliance. Ensure pay scales and terms are implemented and maintained per agreements
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
Required Education & Skills:
- Possess 7 years of human resources experience
- Undergraduate Degree
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
- Ability to think strategically and navigate complex matrix environments
- Credible, proactive, and trusted thought partner who has built relationships and delivered results
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
- Experience with partnering with labor relations a plus
Preferred Education & Skills:
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Expertise in providing support to engineering and technology client groups
The hiring range for this position in New York is $167,000 to $209,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WABC Television (New York), LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WABC Television (New York), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.