Sr Manager, Marketing OpsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055320 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jul. 28, 2023
As part of the Marketing Operations team, the Senior Manager for technical enablement is the organizational driver of messaging channel domain expertise; and applies that expertise through platform sustainment, capability improvements, and hands-on operational problem-solving. The Senior Manager will lead an in-house team of technical domain experts and external consultants with global application. A successful Senior Manager leads a team through relentless prioritization, as an expert sounding board, applies hands-on coding, writes technical specifications, or presents a business case to leadership.
- Lead the organization in domain expertise of email, push, in-app and other messaging channel opportunities through research and opportunity synthesis
- Build and maintain the messaging design framework/system code repository in Github, with syndication to applicable teams and tools
- Build and maintain our template scripting library repository
- Administer messaging platforms; including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Braze and AWS through user access policy management, financial controls, and partner management
- Apply front-end messaging and platform compliance rules through training, documentation and auditing
- Partner with organizational teams to drive front-end/application user improvements through collaboration on PRDs, wireframes, diagrams or other means to lock requirements for build readiness
- Apply agile practices to your team’s sprint planning and release management
- Report on team progress through data and qualitative means
- Maintain a source of truth of current capabilities through robust documentation in our partner wiki and/or other means
- Manage analytic tracking instrumentation within marketing platforms
- Mitigate compliance risk via proactive review with legal, and documentation and application of guidance
- Capability adoption through a multi-pronged approach via active training, recordings, documentation and more
- Collaborate with cross function stakeholders to identify and define new capability opportunities and work with other teams to improve capabilities
- Build and manage backup augmentation and/or capabilities for irregular operations to readily address and mitigate issues during non-primary business hours
- Agile practitioner via scrum to balance finite resources against the optimal business opportunity.
- 10+ years in a technical, data, and/or operational role
- 3+ years in writing and maintaining production code (e.g. HTML, CSS, JSON)
- Production experience job monitoring (e.g. SFMC, Datadog) and remediation procedures
- Expert knowledge of template scripting (e.g. Liquid Logic, Handlebars, Ampscript)
- Experience with messaging platforms (e.g. AWS Pinpoint/SES, SFMC, Braze, Twilio)
- Understanding of statistical concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
- Proficient in agile methodologies and working knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- Attention to detail, with an ability to identify issues and implement remedies
- Ability to be on-call, when high priority business needs necessitate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate and develop a technical team
- Strong partner management, in a highly complex matrix organization
- You have a high bar for quality, continuous improvement, and the ability to adapt as we mature
- Strong SQL skills and ability to create queries to extract data and build performant datasets
- Experience with global localization application and practices
- Familiar with metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
- Experience in PaaS application development
- Familiarity with automated deployment, AWS infrastructure, Docker or similar containers
- Broad experience with AWS (e.g. SES, S3)
- Experience with data visualization and exploration tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, QuickSight, PowerBI)
- You are a problem solver with strong attention to detail and excellent analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in applied science or related quantitative field; or equivalent practical experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or related quantitative field; or equivalent practical experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $151,800.00-$189,750.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.