Sr. Manager, Marketing Strategy & Planning ESPN+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765758BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Sep. 16, 2020
The ideal candidate should be proficient in long-term business planning & marketing analysis, with the goal of growing an engaged, high LTV userbase. Our ideal candidate is experienced in marketing direct-response campaigns and subscription-based products.
- Play a leadership role in developing the strategic promotional roadmap that aligns ESPN+ content strategy with marketing executions, including performance marketing, retention and owned channel tactics.
- Execution of Marketing-related assignments
- Ability to draft integrated marketing plans, strategies and forecasts. Define KPIs to measure roadmap success and forecast performance to inform accurate planning
- Partner with Media, Lifecycle, Product Development, Analytics, and Design teams to influence key growth areas, campaign strategy, and messaging
- Imagine, test, and iterate new conversion opportunities across owned platforms, email, search, social, display, affiliate, and emerging platforms
- Drive optimizations based on analytical insights and data to show positive return on marketing efforts, continuously improving user lifetime value
- Ongoing cohort analysis and profile development to plan targeted messaging, thereby driving cohort engagement.
- Lead multiple projects involving cross-team deliverables and accountability.
- Manage a team of 1-2 people.
- 7+ years in investment banking, management consulting, strategic planning, and/or corporate strategy, ideally in the sports or digital subscription space
- 2 years of management experience
- MBA from top tier business school preferred
- Multi-channel marketing experience with a thorough understanding of engagement, retention, and analytics, comfortable with organic and paid disciplines
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact marketing initiatives
- Collaborative leader comfortable with complex, cross-functional projects across teams
- Clear understanding of full funnel marketing, digital media KPIs and attribution.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports and communicate actionable results, findings and recommendations.
- Balance of creative and analytical thinking
- Sports fan a must
- Proven track record of delivering on growth and strategy within a direct-to-consumer or digital subscription business; comfortable executing key analyses with minimal supervision.
- Experience leading cross-functional team alignment and strategic planning
- A self-starter capable of working independently but also as part of a team
- A strong communicator comfortable navigating complex and highly matrixed businesses.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.