Sr Manager of Sales OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 810001BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
The Sr Manager is responsible for supporting the Publishing sales team in creating, updating, tracking and planning all sales and sales materials for the direct, book, and digital markets based on the direction from the VP of Print & Digital Publishing. The Sr Manager will also assist in managing inventory and out of stock titles for comics and collected editions.
This position will also actively interact with the Publishing Operations, Print Production, and Editorial departments regarding project and metadata creation and maintenance, reacting to manufacturing issues that affect sales or transfers of stock, and securing direction and support to various publishing programs in order to meet set goals and due dates.
- Works with our distributors and especially amongst Marvel Publishing Sales, Operations, and Print Production.
- Oversees the uploading of all related metadata including title, price, credits, and description for print catalog creation.
- Manages routine publishing status and metadata update and correction sweeps within distributor databases. (Print and Digital)
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales metadata and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
- Recommends revisions to existing data; and assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Creates and uploads fact sheets (such as author bios, selling points, and marketing plans) for focus titles to our distributors.
- Marketing/Sales contact for digital comic partners
- Maintain digital comic release schedule
- Manage digital comic Production Schedule for deliveries to partners
- Metadata creation for digital comic partners
- Marketing and social messaging coordination
- Discount sales scheduling and post-mortem reporting
- Coordination with New Media Editorial and Social to promote digital initiatives
- Initiate and activate co-promotional opportunities to drive new user acquisition
- 10 years proven experience in Sales Operations and/or relevant work experience.
- Experience in the publishing, toy, gift, collectibles, and/or novelties industry.
- Good ability to build relationships with business partners.
- Proven ability to work in agile, fast-growing environment and with multiple teams.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Must have patience, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent understanding of processes and proven ability to constantly improve these processes.
- Must have experience in EDI management and troubleshooting.
- Must be computer savvy. Knowledge of how to use a PC and/or a Mac is required.
- Must be an Excel super-user. VLookups and pivot table knowledge is required.
- Must understand both print and digital versions of Marvel comics and collected editions.
Required EducationBA / BS degree in applicable fields of study or relevant work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.